XEGA is the Asturian collective of lesbians, gays, transexuals and bisexuals
XEGA is a non-governamental, non-denominational, non-partisan and non-profit making organization, with a social and cultural character, that expects social and juridical recognition of the right of all persons to live according to their sexual orientation and gender identity, without this and all of its manifestations may be repressed or biased in any way; advocating therefore the erasure of all social and juridic rules and customs that collaborate to discrimination towards homosexual, bisexual oriented people and transexual or transgender people.
What We Do?
- Developing as many activities that tend to sexual liberation, oveercoming individual or social repression, and those that seek supression of the marginalization for lesbians, gays, transexuals and bisexuals and full recognition of a plural and diverse sexuality.
- Promoting those activities that tend to grant, with no way of discrimination, the exercise of full citizen and constitutional freedom by homosexual and transexual people and obtaining the definition and declaration of the human right that assists every single person to not being discriminated against due to sexual orientation or gender identity.
- Promoting cultural manifestations that show the plurality and diversity of the society with the intention to reflect the existance of the lesbian, gay, transexual and bisexual fact in the society.
- Promoting every kind of cultural activities that contribute to educate society in respect to the diversity of persons on sexual orientation and gender identity.
Promoting every kind of publications with educational and cultural intentions that foment respect for lesbians, gays, transexuals and bisexuals as a basic condition for the coexistence in a democratic society.
- Planning campaings for social awareness to fight against existing social prejudices on homosexuality and transexuality and against homosexual and transexual people.
- Denounce every kind of discrimination against people based on their sexual orientation or their gender identity.
- Working to preserve the health of lesbian, gay, transexual and bisexual people in the field of prevention of sexually transmited diseases (STD).
- Developing informational and awareness campaigns and every initiative on the hand of the Association for the fight against HIV infection and other STD among LGTB population in Asturies.