Sixth Mediators Course From The Education Group Of XEGA
For 10 years XEGA is involved in the Asturian Public Institutes with a workshop on gender diversity and sexual orientation in order to prevent bullying. Prejudices and stereotypes prevent young lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) become visible as such because the usual responses are verbal and/or physical aggressions, humiliations even leading to death.
The aim of the workshops is to break these prejudices and stereotypes. Transmit information about LGBT reality and move towards normalization.
Saturday November 28, 2015
- 10:00 – 12:00 Basic concepts about sexual orientation and gender identity. Explanation and development of the box concepts explained in the classroom
- 12:00 – 12:30 Coffee break
- 12:30 – 14:00 Introduction to the history of the LGBT-phobia. How it has considered the fact LGBT throughout history?
- 14:00 – 16:00 Community lunch
- 16:00 – 18:00 Teaching and audiovisual materials to work the LGBT-phobia in the classroom. Resources, tools and mediation. How we work the LGBT case with teenagers? What we must consider
La Llume Social Center, at Nava Street 1 (corner Portugal Avenue) of Xixón/Gijón.
No fees or pre-registration
The course is free and no prior registration is required. Attendance certificate will be issued.
More information: email@example.com